2017-18 Northeastern State University Undergraduate Catalog [Archived Catalog]
College of Business and Technology
The College of Business and Technology (CBT) at Northeastern State University offers ten majors on the Bachelor of Business Administration degree (BBA): Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Hospitality & Tourism Management, Information Systems, Management, Marketing and Supply Chain Management. The college offers two majors on the Bachelor of Science degree: Environmental, Health, and Safety Management and Health Care Administration. The college also offers a Bachelor of Technology degree.
Additional choices for students include areas of emphasis that are available on several majors of the BBA including Financial Planning and Financial Management on the Finance major and General Management and Human Resource Management on the Management major. The college also offers a minor in business for non-business majors. Courses in economics and law are included in the college’s offerings.
All programs in the College of Business and Technology have been developed to provide the knowledge and skills essential for beginning a career and the background to grow and succeed in the graduate’s chosen profession. Skills include technical, analytical, as well as developing the personal attributes necessary for success.
In addition to bachelor’s degrees, the college offers the following graduate programs: Business Administration (MBA), Professional Business Administration (MBA), and Accounting and Financial Analysis (MS). More information about these programs can be found in the NSU Graduate Catalog.
All majors on the BBA, the MBA & MAFA program have all been nationally accredited by the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). The college is a member of the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International).
The College of Business and Technology strives to become considered by the business community as Northeastern Oklahoma’s “Premier Business School.”
The academically and professionally qualified faculty of the CBT are committed to developing both undergraduate and graduate students with the knowledge and skills to succeed in the region’s workplace. The college does this by offering innovative business and technology programs tailored to the needs of northeast Oklahoma, while developing the graduate’s practical and applied skills that meet those needs.
- Active Learning - Students learn by practicing the skills they acquire. CBT faculty strive to assist students in practicing their skills both within the classroom and outside, using case studies, projects, exercises, and similar techniques.
- Student-centered Atmosphere - Students are the reason for the existence of NSU and the College of Business & Technology. It is incumbent that CBT faculty and staff provide the greatest possible education and support in advising, technology, internships, placement, and other necessary student services.
- Professional Integrity - The CBT will always strive to deal with its students in an honest and professional manner by having clear policies on admissions, advising, grade and faculty complaints, and other issues relevant to students. Students will have input into developing CBT policies when appropriate.
- Business Orientation - In order to prepare graduates for successful careers with business and other professional careers it is important to maintain a close relationship to practicing professionals, The relationship is necessary to understand how to best improve business practice and to best ensure graduates have the necessary skills to succeed.
- Professional Faculty - The college is staffed by faculty members who maintain currency in the disciplines in which they teach, strive to improve classroom performance, and advance practice through a variety of intellectual activities.
Admission Requirements to Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) Degrees:
- Computer competency
- ENGL 1113 and ENGL 1213 with a “C” or higher
- MATH 1513 with a “C” or higher
- An overall 2.25 average