Sep 26, 2018
OSRHE Program Code: 040
CIP Code: 310505
Major Code: 5340
- 5347 - Recreation/Fitness
- 5349 - Clinical/Wellness
General Education Requirements
A minimum of 46 hours of academic work in general education is required during the freshman and sophomore years. For students transferring with the Associate of Arts degree or Associate of Science degree from a public institution in Oklahoma, all general education requirements will be satisfied with respect to degree requirements. However, some majors may require other specific general education courses as program prerequisites or program requirements. Students should consult advisors and the program’s plan of study for further information. Students are required to complete general education requirements by the time they have completed 90 semester hours of college work. See General Education Requirements for more information.
The following are prerequisite requirements for HHP major courses:
NUTR 1653 - Basic Nutrition
H ED 1113 - Personal Health
Select One Of The Two Options
Clinical/Wellness - 15 hours (5349)
Recreation/Fitness - 15 hours (5347)
Minor - 18 hours
A minor is required for the Health and Human Performance major.
HHP and HPE Additional Policies
All HHP/HPE Majors are expected to participate in a Department capstone experience as a requirement for graduation, and a Professional Development Site (PDS).
Additional Degree Information - College of Education
In addition to general education and program requirements stated above, additional hours may be needed to satisfy all minimum degree requirements listed below.
- English Proficiency: Components I and II of English proficiency should be met with grades of “C” or better prior to the completion of 60 credit hours.
- A minimum of 124 hours is required. PE activity is limited to four hours. Prior learning credit (CLEP, Advanced Standing, Military Credit, etc) is limited to 30 hours.
- A minimum of 30 hours in residence (from NSU) is required for graduation. PE activity is limited to four hours. Hours in residence exclude zero-level courses and prior learning credit such as CLEP, Advanced Placement, Advanced Standing, Military Credit, etc.
- A minimum of 40 hours of 3000/4000 level courses is required for graduation.
- A minimum of 60 hours from a 4-year school is required for graduation excluding zero level and PE activity courses.
- At least fifty percent of the major requirements must be upper division courses (3000 and 4000 level).
- At least 18 hours or fifty percent of the major, whichever is greater, must be satisfactorily completed at NSU.
- The minimum number of credit hours required in the Liberal Arts and Sciences varies based on the type of degree. B.A and B.A.Ed. degrees require at least 80 hours. B.S. and B.S.Ed. degrees requires at least 55 hours. Liberal Arts and Science courses are designated with a “#” after the course title.
For more information, see Bachelor’s Degree Requirements .