May 20, 2018
OSRHE Program Code: 055
CIP Code: 521401
Major Code: 1575
- 1573 - General Marketing
- 1574 - Digital Marketing
Business Administration General Information
Marketing is the performance of business activities which direct the flow of goods and services from producer to consumer or user in order to satisfy customers and accomplish the company’s objectives. With a capacity to produce an abundance of goods and services, businesses in the United States have been compelled to study the market in order to be properly able to respond to its demands. Marketing is a relatively new discipline having been developed in the twentieth century with most of its impetus since 1930. The study of marketing incorporates the use of most business subjects (accounting, management, law, etc.) and the behavioral sciences (psychology, sociology, anthropology.)
Business General Education Requirements
A minimum of 46 hours of academic work in general education is required during the freshman and sophomore years. For students transferring with the Associate of Arts degree or Associate of Science degree from a public institution in Oklahoma, all general education requirements will be satisfied with respect to degree requirements. However, some majors may require other specific general education courses as program prerequisites or program requirements. Students should consult advisors and the program’s plan of study for further information. Students are required to complete general education requirements by the time they have completed 90 semester hours of college work. General Education Requirements
Students seeking Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degrees are encouraged to select these courses while completing General Education requirements.
Business Core - 42 hours
The following core of courses is required of all business students, except as modified for Hospitality and Tourism Management. See major plan of study on the following pages.
At least 21 of the 42 credits in the BBA core must be earned at NSU.
Marketing Core - 12 hours
Select one of the following options:
General Marketing - 12 hours (1573)
Complete 9 hours from the following:
- HTM 4453 - Tourism Marketing
- Marketing (MKT) electives (3000/4000 level)
Complete 3 hours from the following:
- Business electives (any 3000/4000 level business course)
Digital Marketing - 21 hours (1574)
Major Total - 24 hours (General Marketing)
Total Business Core & General Marketing - 66 hours
Major Total - 33 hours (Digital Marketing)
Total Business Core & Digital Marketing - 75 hours
Additional Degree Information - College of Business and Technology
In addition to general education and program requirements stated above, additional hours may be needed to satisfy all minimum degree requirements listed below.
- English Proficiency: Components I and II of English proficiency should be met with grades of “C” or better prior to the completion of 60 credit hours.
- A minimum of 124 hours is required. PE activity is limited to four hours. Prior learning credit (CLEP, Advanced Standing, Military Credit, etc) is limited to 30 hours.
- A minimum of 30 hours in residence (from NSU) is required for graduation. PE activity is limited to four hours. Hours in residence exclude zero-level courses and prior learning credit such as CLEP, Advanced Placement, Advanced Standing, Military Credit, etc.
- A minimum of 40 hours of 3000/4000 level courses is required for graduation.
- A minimum of 60 hours from a 4-year school is required for graduation excluding zero level and PE activity courses.
- At least fifty percent of the major requirements must be upper division courses (3000 and 4000 level).
- At least 18 hours or fifty percent of the major, whichever is greater, must be satisfactorily completed at NSU.
- The minimum number of credit hours required in the Liberal Arts and Sciences varies based on the type of degree. B.B.A and B.T. degrees require at least 40 hours and the B.S. degree requires at least 55 hours. Liberal Arts and Science courses are designated with a “#” after the course title.
For more information, see Bachelor’s Degree Requirements .