Jul 20, 2019
OSRHE Program Code: 004
CIP Code: 512211
Major Code: 1135
- 1136 - Healthcare Administration
- 1137 - Health Informatics
- 1138 - Long Term Care
A minimum grade of C is required.
General Education Requirements
A minimum of 46 hours of academic work in general education is required during the freshman and sophomore years. For students transferring with the Associate of Arts degree or Associate of Science degree from a public institution in Oklahoma, all general education requirements will be satisfied with respect to degree requirements. However, some majors may require other specific general education courses as program prerequisites or program requirements. Students should consult advisors and the program’s plan of study for further information. Students are required to complete general education requirements by the time they have completed 90 semester hours of college work. See General Education Requirements for more information.
Business Core - 42 hours
The following core of courses is required of all business students, except as modified for Hospitality and Tourism Management. See major plan of study on the following pages.
At least 21 of the 42 credits in the BBA core must be earned at NSU.
HOA Core Requirements - 21 hours
Select one of the following options:
Health Informatics - 12 hours (1137)
Healthcare Administration - 12 hours (1136)
Long Term Care Administration - 12 hours (1138)
Total Business Core & Major - 75 hours
The following courses are required for students with non-healthcare backgrounds or who fail to pass the program entrance examination:
Accelerated B.B.A. Health Organizations Admin: Healthcare Admin or Health Informatics to M.B.A. Business Admin: Healthcare Admin or Health Informatics
Note: Please refer to Accelerated Bachelor’s to Master’s Degree Program Accelerated Bachelor’s to Master’s Degree Program for complete information concerning the Accelerated Degree Program. Refer to the current Graduate Catalog for master’s degree requirements.
- Students admitted to the Accelerated B.B.A. Health Organizations: Healthcare Administration or Health Informatics to M.B.A. Business Administration: Healthcare Administration or Health Informatics degree program will complete 12 hours of graduate level credit to apply toward both the undergraduate and graduate degrees.
- A minimum grade of C is required for all 5000 level graduate courses.
- Students who do not follow the approved degree plan may become ineligible to continue in the accelerated degree program.
- Prior to completing the undergraduate degree, if the undergraduate GPA, graduate GPA and/or overall GPA fall below a 3.00, the student becomes ineligible to continue in the ADP.
- Students may withdraw from an approved accelerated degree pathway. Graduate credit hours completed prior to the student withdrawing or becoming ineligible to continue in the ADP apply toward the undergraduate degree only.
ADP HOA Core Requirements - 21 hours
Select the option that corresponds to the selected ADP M.B.A. option:
ADP Health Informatics - 12 hours
ADP Healthcare Administration - 12 hours
ADP Major Total - 33 hours
ADP Total Business Core & Major - 75 hours
Additional Degree Information - College of Business and Technology
In addition to general education and program requirements stated above, additional hours may be needed to satisfy all minimum degree requirements listed below.
- English Proficiency: Components I and II of English proficiency should be met with grades of “C” or better prior to the completion of 60 credit hours.
- A minimum of 124 hours is required. PE activity is limited to four hours. Prior learning credit (CLEP, Advanced Standing, Military Credit, etc) is limited to 30 hours.
- A minimum of 30 hours in residence (from NSU) is required for graduation. PE activity is limited to four hours. Hours in residence exclude zero-level courses and prior learning credit such as CLEP, Advanced Placement, Advanced Standing, Military Credit, etc.
- A minimum of 40 hours of 3000/4000 level courses is required for graduation.
- A minimum of 60 hours from a 4-year school is required for graduation excluding zero level and PE activity courses.
- At least fifty percent of the major requirements must be upper division courses (3000 and 4000 level).
- At least 18 hours or fifty percent of the major, whichever is greater, must be satisfactorily completed at NSU.
- The minimum number of credit hours required in the Liberal Arts and Sciences varies based on the type of degree. B.B.A and B.T. degrees require at least 40 hours and the B.S. degree requires at least 55 hours. Liberal Arts and Science courses are designated with a “#” after the course title.
For more information, see Bachelor’s Degree Requirements .