Dec 09, 2019
OSRHE Program Code: 012
CIP Code: 520201
Major Code: 1100
- 1103 - General Business
- 1107 - Health Care Management
- 1108 - International Business
- 1109 - Business Analytics
Business Administration General Information
The Business Administration major provides a diversified background in the various disciplines necessary for success in the field of business. Regardless of the future occupation of the student, a background in the basic business areas is an essential ingredient of effective business decision-making. The Business Administration major allows a student to tailor his or her degree to individual career objectives with more flexibility than other majors. With guidance from an academic advisor, students choosing the Business Administration major complete the major requirements by selecting courses from the functional business areas which best meet their academic and career objectives.
Bachelor of Business Administration programs offered through the College of Business and Technology are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (11520 West 119th Street, Overland Park, KS 66213, 913-339-9356). http://www.acbsp.org
Business General Education Requirements
A minimum of 46 hours of academic work in general education is required during the freshman and sophomore years. For students transferring with the Associate of Arts degree or Associate of Science degree from a public institution in Oklahoma, all general education requirements will be satisfied with respect to degree requirements. However, some majors may require other specific general education courses as program prerequisites or program requirements. Students should consult advisors and the program’s plan of study for further information. Students are required to complete general education requirements by the time they have completed 90 semester hours of college work. General Education Requirements
Students seeking Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degrees are encouraged to select these courses while completing General Education requirements.
Business Core - 42 hours
The following core of courses is required of all business students, except as modified for Hospitality and Tourism Management. See major plan of study on the following pages.
At least 21 of the 42 credits in the BBA core must be earned at NSU.
Business Administration Core - 12 hours
Select one of the following options:
Business Analytics - 12 hours (1109)
General Business - 12 hours (1103)
Health Care Management - 12 hours (1107)
International Business - 12 hours (1108)
Total Business Core & Major - 66 hours
Accelerated B.B.A. Business Administration: Business Analytics to M.B.A. Business Administration: Business Analytics
Note: Please refer to Accelerated Bachelor’s to Master’s Degree Program for complete information concerning the Accelerated Degree Program. Refer to the current Graduate Catalog for master’s degree requirements.
- Students admitted to the Accelerated B.B.A. Business Administration: Business Analytics to M.B.A. Business Administration: Business Analytics degree program will complete up to 12 hours of graduate level credit to apply toward both the undergraduate and graduate degrees.
- Students may not receive credit toward both the undergraduate and the paired graduate-level course. A student completing an undergraduate course and the paired graduate-level course will only receive credit for one course toward the bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum grade of C is required for all 5000 level graduate courses.
- Students who do not follow the approved degree plan may become ineligible to continue in the accelerated degree program.
- Prior to completing the undergraduate degree, if the undergraduate GPA, graduate GPA and/or overall GPA fall below a 3.00, the student becomes ineligible to continue in the ADP.
- Students may withdraw from an approved accelerated degree pathway. Graduate credit hours completed prior to the student withdrawing or becoming ineligible to continue in the ADP apply toward the undergraduate degree only.
ADP Paired Courses
|BADM 4203 - Business Analytics
||BADM 5203 Business Analytics Survey
|IS 4293 - Business Database Management Systems
||IS 5313 - Structured Data Design and Querying
|MGMT 4103 - Business Decision Analysis
||MGMT 5103 Business Analytic Techniques
|MKT 4103 - Marketing Analysis
||MKT 5103 - Advanced Multi-Environment Market Analytics
ADP Business Administration Core - 12 hours
ADP Business Analytics Option - 12 hours
ADP Major Total - 24 hours
ADP Total Business Core & Major - 66 hours
Additional Degree Information - College of Business and Technology
In addition to general education and program requirements stated above, additional hours may be needed to satisfy all minimum degree requirements listed below.
- English Proficiency: Components I and II of English proficiency should be met with grades of “C” or better prior to the completion of 60 credit hours.
- A minimum of 124 hours is required. PE activity is limited to four hours. Prior learning credit (CLEP, Advanced Standing, Military Credit, etc) is limited to 30 hours.
- A minimum of 30 hours in residence (from NSU) is required for graduation. PE activity is limited to four hours. Hours in residence exclude zero-level courses and prior learning credit such as CLEP, Advanced Placement, Advanced Standing, Military Credit, etc.
- A minimum of 40 hours of 3000/4000 level courses is required for graduation.
- A minimum of 60 hours from a 4-year school is required for graduation excluding zero level and PE activity courses.
- At least fifty percent of the major requirements must be upper division courses (3000 and 4000 level).
- At least 18 hours or fifty percent of the major, whichever is greater, must be satisfactorily completed at NSU.
- The minimum number of credit hours required in the Liberal Arts and Sciences varies based on the type of degree. B.B.A and B.T. degrees require at least 40 hours and the B.S. degree requires at least 55 hours. Liberal Arts and Science courses are designated with a “#” after the course title.
For more information, see Bachelor’s Degree Requirements .