Jul 12, 2020
- 5347- Recreation/Fitness
- 5349 - Clinical/Wellness
General Education Requirements
A minimum of 46 hours of academic work in general education is required during the freshman and sophomore years. For students transferring with the Associate of Arts degree or Associate of Science degree from a public institution in Oklahoma, all general education requirements will be satisfied with respect to degree requirements. However, some majors may require other specific general education courses as program prerequisites or program requirements. Students should consult advisors and the program’s plan of study for further information. Students are required to complete general education requirements by the time they have completed 90 semester hours of college work. See General Education Requirements for more information.
Health and Human Performance General Education Requirements
The following course prerequisite may be completed as part of the General Education requirements.
Required Core - 34 hours
A minimum grade of “C” is required on all core courses.
Select One Of The Two Options
Clinical/Wellness - 21 hours (5349)
Recreation/Fitness - 21 hours (5347)
Required HHP Capstone
IMPORTANT: All HHP Majors are expected to participate in a Department capstone experience as a requirement for graduation, and a Professional Development Site (PDS).
Minor - 18 hours
A minor is required for the Health and Human Performance major.
Accelerated B.S. Health and Human Performance: Recreation/Fitness to M.S. Health and Sport Science: Sport Administration/Management Degree
Note: Please refer to Accelerated Bachelor’s to Master’s Degree Program for complete information concerning the Accelerated Degree Program (ADP). Refer to the current Graduate Catalog for master’s degree requirements.
- Students admitted to the Accelerated B.S. Health and Human Performance: Recreation/Fitness to M.S. Health and Sport Science: Sport Administration/Management degree program will complete up to 9 hours of graduate level credit to apply toward both the undergraduate and graduate degrees.
- Students may not receive credit toward both the undergraduate and the paired graduate-level course. A student completing an undergraduate course and the paired graduate-level course will only receive credit for one course toward the bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum grade of C is required for all 5000 level graduate courses.
- Students who do not follow the approved degree plan may become ineligible to continue in the accelerated degree program.
- Prior to completing the undergraduate degree, if the undergraduate GPA, graduate GPA and/or overall GPA fall below a 3.00, the student becomes ineligible to continue in the ADP.
- Students may withdraw from an approved accelerated degree pathway. Graduate credit hours completed prior to the student withdrawing or becoming ineligible to continue in the ADP apply toward the undergraduate degree only.
|B.S. Health and Human Performance: Recreation/Fitness Option
||M.S. Health and Sport Science: Sport Administration/Management Option
|H ED 4213 Ethical and Legal Issues in Fitness and Wellness
||H ED 5563 Legal and Ethical Issues in Health Education and Sport
|H ED 4723 Fitness Facility Management
||P ED 5333 Sports Facility Management
|P ED 4313 Organization and Administration of PE and Recreation Programs
||P ED 5373 Sport Administration
ADP Required Courses for B.S. - 34 hours
Complete the following required courses with a minimum grade of C.
ADP Recreation/Fitness - 21 hours (5347)
ADP Major Total - 55 hours
Additional Degree Information - College of Education
In addition to general education and program requirements stated above, additional hours may be needed to satisfy all minimum degree requirements listed below.
- English Proficiency: Components I and II of English proficiency should be met with grades of “C” or better prior to the completion of 60 credit hours.
- A minimum of 124 hours is required. PE activity is limited to four hours. Prior learning credit (CLEP, Advanced Standing, Military Credit, etc) is limited to 30 hours.
- A minimum of 30 hours in residence (from NSU) is required for graduation. PE activity is limited to four hours. Hours in residence exclude zero-level courses and prior learning credit such as CLEP, Advanced Placement, Advanced Standing, Military Credit, etc.
- A minimum of 40 hours of 3000/4000 level courses is required for graduation.
- A minimum of 60 hours from a 4-year school is required for graduation excluding zero level and PE activity courses.
- At least fifty percent of the major requirements must be upper division courses (3000 and 4000 level).
- At least 18 hours or fifty percent of the major, whichever is greater, must be satisfactorily completed at NSU.
- The minimum number of credit hours required in the Liberal Arts and Sciences varies based on the type of degree. B.A and B.A.Ed. degrees require at least 80 hours. B.S. and B.S.Ed. degrees requires at least 55 hours. Liberal Arts and Sciences (LAS) courses are identified in catalog course descriptions.
For more information, see Bachelor’s Degree Requirements .