Jan 21, 2021
OSRHE Program Code: 775
CIP Code: 309999
Major Code: 1050
IMPORTANT: The requirements below may change effective with the Fall 2020 term pending approval of our governing boards. This comment will be removed when changes have been finalized. Please check back for updated information.
The BS in Organizational Leadership is part of the statewide initiative, ReachHigher-Oklahoma’s Degree Completion Program. NSU is one of nine regional universities participating in this unique program specifically designed for working adults. Core courses will be taught in an eight-week format online. Students must have an Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree or 72 credit hours and be 21 years of age. They must have a minimum of 2.0 graduation/retention GPA in past college coursework. Information about the ReachHigher program can be found online at www.ReachHigherOklahoma.org or by calling 918.683.0040.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Acquire a general knowledge of eight core content areas.
- Enhance global thinking, critical thinking, communication skills, problem solving, quantitative and analysis skills, and technological innovation skills.
- Develop additional knowledge in an area of institutional focus.
- Gain intellectual knowledge applicable to personal enrichment and/or professional advancement.
- Apply concepts and theories learned in the core content courses and area of focus to a capstone project at the end of the program.
General Education Requirements
A minimum of 46 hours of academic work in general education is required during the freshman and sophomore years. For students transferring with the Associate of Arts degree or Associate of Science degree from a public institution in Oklahoma, all general education requirements will be satisfied with respect to degree requirements. However, some majors may require other specific general education courses as program prerequisites or program requirements. Students should consult advisors and the program’s plan of study for further information. Students are required to complete general education requirements by the time they have completed 90 semester hours of college work. See General Education Requirements for more information.
Area of Focus-Supervision and Management 12-15 hours
Additional Degree Information - College of Business and Technology
In addition to general education and program requirements stated above, additional hours may be needed to satisfy all minimum degree requirements listed below.
- English Proficiency: Components I and II of English proficiency should be met with grades of “C” or better prior to the completion of 60 credit hours.
- A minimum of 124 hours is required. PE activity is limited to four hours. Prior learning credit (CLEP, Advanced Standing, Military Credit, etc) is limited to 30 hours.
- A minimum of 30 hours in residence (from NSU) is required for graduation. PE activity is limited to four hours. Hours in residence exclude zero-level courses and prior learning credit such as CLEP, Advanced Placement, Advanced Standing, Military Credit, etc.
- A minimum of 40 hours of 3000/4000 level courses is required for graduation.
- A minimum of 60 hours from a 4-year school is required for graduation excluding zero level and PE activity courses.
- At least fifty percent of the major requirements must be upper division courses (3000 and 4000 level).
- At least 18 hours or fifty percent of the major, whichever is greater, must be satisfactorily completed at NSU.
- The minimum number of credit hours required in the Liberal Arts and Sciences varies based on the type of degree. B.B.A and B.T. degrees require at least 40 hours and the B.S. degree requires at least 55 hours. Liberal Arts and Sciences (LAS) courses are identified in catalog course descriptions.
For more information, see Bachelor’s Degree Requirements .