Jul 15, 2020
OSRHE Program Code: 136
CIP Code: 520701
Major Code: 1120
- 1122 - Small Business/Digital
- 1123 - Social Entrepreneurship
Business Administration General Information
The entrepreneurship major exposes students to vital skills needed in owning a small business, expanding the family business, buying a franchise or starting a professional practice for personal profit or to support a non profit organization. Courses focus on finding unique ways to make a living in rural Oklahoma, including digital and technological entrepreneurship or telecommuting. Students are grounded in relevant theory in addition to applied principles of starting, running and owning your own business.
The following policies of the College of Business and Technology apply to the entrepreneurship major: entrance requirements, minimum grade requirements, experiential credit limitations, transfer credit limitation, English proficiency, upper division credit, liberal arts and sciences, and residency.
Business General Education Requirements
A minimum of 46 hours of academic work in general education is required during the freshman and sophomore years. For students transferring with the Associate of Arts degree or Associate of Science degree from a public institution in Oklahoma, all general education requirements will be satisfied with respect to degree requirements. However, some majors may require other specific general education courses as program prerequisites or program requirements. Students should consult advisors and the program’s plan of study for further information. Students are required to complete general education requirements by the time they have completed 90 semester hours of college work. General Education Requirements
Students seeking Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degrees are encouraged to select these courses while completing General Education requirements.
Business Core - 42 hours
The following core of courses is required of all business students, except as modified for Hospitality and Tourism Management. See major plan of study on the following pages.
At least 21 of the 42 credits in the BBA core must be earned at NSU.
Entrepreneurship Core - 12 hrs
Select one of the following options:
Small Business/Digital - 12 hrs
Social Entrepreneurship - 12 hrs
Total Business Core & Major - 66 hours
Additional Degree Information - College of Business and Technology
In addition to general education and program requirements stated above, additional hours may be needed to satisfy all minimum degree requirements listed below.
- English Proficiency: Components I and II of English proficiency should be met with grades of “C” or better prior to the completion of 60 credit hours.
- A minimum of 124 hours is required. PE activity is limited to four hours. Prior learning credit (CLEP, Advanced Standing, Military Credit, etc) is limited to 30 hours.
- A minimum of 30 hours in residence (from NSU) is required for graduation. PE activity is limited to four hours. Hours in residence exclude zero-level courses and prior learning credit such as CLEP, Advanced Placement, Advanced Standing, Military Credit, etc.
- A minimum of 40 hours of 3000/4000 level courses is required for graduation.
- A minimum of 60 hours from a 4-year school is required for graduation excluding zero level and PE activity courses.
- At least fifty percent of the major requirements must be upper division courses (3000 and 4000 level).
- At least 18 hours or fifty percent of the major, whichever is greater, must be satisfactorily completed at NSU.
- The minimum number of credit hours required in the Liberal Arts and Sciences varies based on the type of degree. B.B.A and B.T. degrees require at least 40 hours and the B.S. degree requires at least 55 hours. Liberal Arts and Sciences (LAS) courses are identified in catalog course descriptions.
For more information, see Bachelor’s Degree Requirements .