OSRHE Program Code: 056
CIP Code: 520201
Major Code: 1586
- 1587 - General Management
- 1588 - Managerial Accounting and Finance
- 1589 - Native American Enterprise
- 1591 - Business Analytics
- 1592 - Healthcare Administration
- 1593 - Health Informatics
- 1594 - Long Term Care
- 1596 - Environmental, Health, and Safety Management
(36 Semester Hours)
The MBA program is a 36 semester hour program which integrates the functional areas of business with several areas of concentration. The program imposes a workload that requires a high degree of discipline and commitment on the part of the student, however the program allows flexibility in course selection. By combining the use of case studies, immersive learning, and interactive projects and lectures, the MBA program prepares decision makers of the highest caliber for the nation’s businesses, industries, academic institutions, and government.
The Master of Business Administration program offered through the College of Business and Technology is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (11520 West 119th Street, Overland Park, KS 66213, 913-339-9356). http://www.acbsp.org
Program Admission Requirements
Northeastern State University seeks highly qualified applicants for the MBA program. An undergraduate degree in business is not required prior to program entry, however some business foundation courses may be required for formal admission. The admission decision is based on an evaluation of all application materials submitted by the individual. Previous academic records, current resume, GMAT score, and recommendations may be assessed during the admission process.
Beyond the admission requirements for the Graduate College, admission to the Masters of Business Administration program requires:
- Completion of the Common Professional Component courses (program prerequisites).
- An official Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) score report of 400 or higher or a GRE equivalent score.
GMAT waivers are available based on the following criteria:
- A combined undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or a 3.25 in the last 60 hours of the undergraduate degree; OR
- If GMAT score < 400, receiving a minimum score of 80% on the final exam of IVY Sortware components of Business Math and Statistics and Interactive Business; OR
- Previously conferred master’s or terminal degree from an accredited university.
*Conditional admission may be allowed on a case by case basis with no more that 9 hours taken prior to meeting requirements.
Before beginning required MBA coursework, it is necessary to have sufficient background in core business subjects. It is also imperative that any student entering the program have excellent language skills and computer literacy. MBA students are subject to proficiency examination before entering the program and subject to entrance proficiency requirements for core courses and computer usage. Even students with business degrees may be required to remove deficiencies by taking business foundations courses. This may be accomplished by:
1. Completing required undergraduate CPC courses at Northeastern State University or at other approved and accredited schools.
2. Receiving a minimum score of 80% of the final exam of the CPC Ivy Software components as approved by the MBA Director. Such courses may include: 1) Financial Accounting, 2) Business Math and Statistics, 3) Principles of Marketing, 4) Principles of Management, 5) Understanding Corporate Finance.
Prerequisites, if required, are in addition to the 36 MBA program hours.
A student must complete a minimum of 36 semester hours of graduate coursework with a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. The student must take 24 hours of core course requirements with 12 hours of electives in a selected emphasis.