OSRHE Program Code: 157
CIP Code: 520201
Major Code: 1595
(30 Semester Hours)
The Master of Business Administration programs offered through the College of Business and Technology are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (11520 West 119th Street, Overland Park, KS 66213, 913-339-9356). http://www.acbsp.org
Program of Study
The PMBA program is a 30 semester hour program which is designed for the full-time working professional. The program is a highly structured lockstep program utilizing cohort student groups. The program imposes a workload that requires a high degree of discipline and commitment on the part of the student. By combining the use of case studies and interactive computing with research projects and lectures, the PMBA program culminates in a capstone in which students consult businesses in the field.
Northeastern State University seeks highly qualified applicants for the Professional Business Administration program. The admission decision is based on an evaluation of all application materials submitted by the individual. The applicant must have three years of full-time work experience prior to the program admission.
Beyond the admission requirements for the Graduate College, admission to the Masters of Business Administration program requires:
- A current resume showing all academic honors and work experience;
- Two letters of recommendation
- An official Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) score report of 450 or higher or a GRE equivalent score.
GMAT waivers are available based on the following criteria:
- A combined undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or a 3.25 in the last 60 hours; OR
- If GMAT score < 450, receiving a minimum score of 80% on the final exam of Ivy Software components of Business Math and Statistics and Interactive Business; OR
- Previously conferred master’s or terminal degree from an accredited University.
*Conditional admission may be allowed on a case by case basis with no more than 9 hours taken prior to meeting requirements.
A student must complete a minimum of 30 semester hours of graduate coursework with a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
Requirements for Graduation
In addition to the requirements for admission to graduate study and the general regulations and requirements for graduation, the candidate for the Professional Master of Business Administration must successfully complete PMBA 5913 Integrative Project or Research to the satisfaction of the Program Director and the sponsoring organization.