Sep 25, 2022
OSRHE Program Code: 005
CIP Code: 500701
Major Code: 4055
- 4052 - Graphic Design
- 4053 - Studio Art 2D
- 4054 - Studio Art 3D
Student Learning Outcomes
- Ascertain a complete working knowledge of the relevant tools and technology utilized by art disciplines.
- Grow adept in exercising good and relevant aesthetics through research, process, and conceptualization.
- Develop the ability to discuss, defend, and critique their own work and the work of others.
- Establish basic college-level understanding of the global history of art.
- Prepare for application and acceptance into graduate school or the global workforce.
Minimum Grade Requirement in Art and Art Education: Students must earn a grade of "C" or better in art courses to be used for either major or minor credit. Grades lower than a "C" in NSU or transfer art courses will not apply for major or minor credit.
General Education Requirements
A minimum of 46 hours of academic work in general education is required during the freshman and sophomore years. For students transferring with the Associate of Arts degree or Associate of Science degree from a public institution in Oklahoma, all general education requirements will be satisfied with respect to degree requirements. However, some majors may require other specific general education courses as program prerequisites or program requirements. Students should consult advisors and the program's plan of study for further information. Students are required to complete general education requirements by the time they have completed 90 semester hours of college work. See General Education Requirements for more information.
Select one of the following options:
Graphic Design - 33 hours (4052)
Studio Art 2D - 33 hours (4053)
Studio Art 3D - 33 hours (4054)
Additional Degree Information - College of Liberal Arts
In addition to general education and program requirements stated above, additional hours may be needed to satisfy all minimum degree requirements listed below.
- English Proficiency: Components I and II of English proficiency should be met with grades of "C" or better prior to the completion of 60 credit hours.
- A minimum of 124 hours is required. PE activity is limited to four hours. Prior learning credit (CLEP, Advanced Standing, Military Credit, etc) is limited to 30 hours.
- A minimum of 30 hours in residence (from NSU) is required for graduation. PE activity is limited to four hours. Hours in residence exclude zero-level courses and prior learning credit such as CLEP, Advanced Placement, Advanced Standing, Military Credit, etc.
- A minimum of 40 hours of 3000/4000 level courses is required for graduation.
- A minimum of 60 hours from a 4-year school is required for graduation excluding zero level and PE activity courses.
- At least fifty percent of the major requirements must be upper division courses (3000 and 4000 level).
- At least 18 hours or fifty percent of the major, whichever is greater, must be satisfactorily completed at NSU.
- The minimum number of credit hours required in the Liberal Arts and Sciences varies based on the type of degree. B.A., B.A.Ed., B.F.A. and B.M.E. degrees require at least 80 hours. B.S. and B.S.Ed. degrees require at least 55 hours. B.G.S. and B.S.W. degrees require at least 40 hours. Liberal Arts and Sciences (LAS) courses are identified in catalog course descriptions.
For more information, see Bachelor's Degree Requirements .