Jun 30, 2022
OSRHE Program Code: 004
CIP Code: 512211
Major Code: 1135
- 1136 - Healthcare Administration
- 1137 - Health Informatics
- 1138 - Long Term Care
Student Learning Outcomes
- Develop an awareness of health care industry organizations, environments, and systems.
- Develop an awareness of global / international issues as they related to health service organizations.
- Develop leadership and management skills necessary to work effectively in health service organizations.
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively in multi-disciplinary health service organizational settings.
- Identify and analyze ethical dilemmas and propose resolution for management situations.
- Apply technology skills for medication information systems.
- Show evidence of critical thinking and problem solving with an integrative project or assignment.
Minimum Grade Requirement
Students must earn a grade of C or better in courses used or major or minor credit. Grades lower than a C from NSU or transfer institutions will not apply for major or minor credit.
Business General Education Requirements
A minimum of 46 hours of academic work in general education is required during the freshman and sophomore years. For students transferring with the Associate of Arts degree or Associate of Science degree from a public institution in Oklahoma, all general education requirements will be satisfied with respect to degree requirements. However, some majors may require other specific general education courses as program prerequisites or program requirements. Students should consult advisors and the program's plan of study for further information. Students are required to complete general education requirements by the time they have completed 90 semester hours of college work. General Education Requirements
Students seeking Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degrees are encouraged to select these courses while completing General Education requirements.
Business Core - 42 hours
The following core of courses is required of all business students, except as modified for Hospitality and Tourism Management. See major plan of study on the following pages.
At least 21 of the 42 credits in the BBA core must be earned at NSU.
HOA Core Requirements - 21 hours
Select one of the following options:
Health Informatics - 12 hours (1137)
Healthcare Administration - 12 hours (1136)
Long Term Care Administration - 12 hours (1138)
Total Business Core & Major - 75 hours
The following courses are required for students with non-healthcare backgrounds or who fail to pass the program entrance examination:
Accelerated B.B.A. Health Organizations Admin: Healthcare Admin or Health Informatics to M.B.A. Business Admin: Healthcare Admin or Health Informatics
Note: Please refer to Accelerated Bachelor's to Master's Degree Program for complete information concerning the Accelerated Degree Program. Refer to the current Graduate Catalog for master's degree requirements.
- Students admitted to the Accelerated B.B.A. Health Organizations: Healthcare Administration or Health Informatics to M.B.A. Business Administration: Healthcare Administration or Health Informatics degree program will complete up to 12 hours of graduate level credit to apply toward both the undergraduate and graduate degrees.
- Students may not receive credit toward both the undergraduate and the paired graduate-level course. A student completing an undergraduate course and the paired graduate-level course will only receive credit for one course toward the bachelor's degree.
- A minimum grade of C is required for all 5000 level graduate courses.
- Students who do not follow the approved degree plan may become ineligible to continue in the accelerated degree program.
- Prior to completing the undergraduate degree, if the undergraduate GPA, graduate GPA and/or overall GPA fall below a 3.00, the student becomes ineligible to continue in the ADP.
- Students may withdraw from an approved accelerated degree pathway. Graduate credit hours completed prior to the student withdrawing or becoming ineligible to continue in the ADP apply toward the undergraduate degree only.
ADP Paired Courses (Health Informatics Option)
|HCA 4323 - Health Information Analytics
||HCA 5523 - Health Informatics Survey
|IS 4293 - Business Database Management Systems
||HCA 5423 - Health Services Technology and Application
|MGMT 4103 - Business Decision Analysis
||MGMT 5103 - Business Analytics Techniques
|MGMT 4143 - Project Management
||MBA 5513 - Project Management
ADP Paired Courses (Healthcare Administration Option)
|HCA 4013 - Leadership, Policy & Ethics
||HCA 5013 Healthcare Policy and Ethical Leadership
|HCA 4533 - Group Practice Management
||HCA 5233 Integrated Medical Practice Management
|HCA 3/4000 Level Elective (3 hrs)
||HCA 5423 - Health Services Technology and Application
|HCA, BADM, or MGMT 3/4000 Level Elective (3 hrs)
||HCA 5853 - Critical Issues in Healthcare
ADP HOA Core Requirements - 21 hours
Select the option that corresponds to the selected ADP M.B.A. option:
ADP Health Informatics - 12 hours
ADP Healthcare Administration - 12 hours
ADP Major Total - 33 hours
ADP Total Business Core & Major - 75 hours
Additional Degree Information - College of Business and Technology
In addition to general education and program requirements stated above, additional hours may be needed to satisfy all minimum degree requirements listed below.
- English Proficiency: Components I and II of English proficiency should be met with grades of "C" or better prior to the completion of 60 credit hours.
- A minimum of 124 hours is required. PE activity is limited to four hours. Prior learning credit (CLEP, Advanced Standing, Military Credit, etc) is limited to 30 hours.
- A minimum of 30 hours in residence (from NSU) is required for graduation. PE activity is limited to four hours. Hours in residence exclude zero-level courses and prior learning credit such as CLEP, Advanced Placement, Advanced Standing, Military Credit, etc.
- A minimum of 40 hours of 3000/4000 level courses is required for graduation.
- A minimum of 60 hours from a 4-year school is required for graduation excluding zero level and PE activity courses.
- At least fifty percent of the major requirements must be upper division courses (3000 and 4000 level).
- At least 18 hours or fifty percent of the major, whichever is greater, must be satisfactorily completed at NSU.
- The minimum number of credit hours required in the Liberal Arts and Sciences varies based on the type of degree. B.B.A and B.T. degrees require at least 40 hours and the B.S. degree requires at least 55 hours. Liberal Arts and Sciences (LAS) courses are identified in catalog course descriptions.
For more information, see Bachelor's Degree Requirements .