OSRHE Program Code: 054
CIP Code: 520205
Major Code: 1554
- 1550 - General Management
- 1552 - Human Resource Management
Business Administration General Information
The management major allows students to develop knowledge and skills in the behavioral, decision science and strategic aspects of the management field. A behavioral emphasis focuses on the team and its members and the importance of human relations in enabling the organization to meet its objectives. Decision science introduces many of the quantitative tools so important in the modern business environment. Computer applications and examples of quantitative problem solving play an important part in this aspect of the program. Strategic management focuses on the long-range survival of the company within a changing environment. Students learn to identify opportunities and threats and make decisions, through proper planning, to meet the challenges imposed by competition, regulation, changing technology and limitations imposed by resource scarcity.
Bachelor of Business Administration programs offered through the College of Business and Technology are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (11520 West 119th Street, Overland Park, KS 66213, 913-339-9356). http://www.acbsp.org
The following policies of the College of Business and Technology apply to the Management Major: Entrance Requirements, Minimum Grade Requirements, Experiential Credit Limitation, Transfer Credit Limitation, English Proficiency, Upper Division Credit, Liberal Arts and Sciences, and Residency.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the application of management concepts, theories and processes to selected management problem situations.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the application of quantitative models and techniques to decision making.
- Demonstrate an ability to apply relevant management concepts, theories, and processes to make effective decisions for organizations.
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of how team and group effectiveness are related to proper functioning of activities within the organization.
- Demonstrate the ability to collaborate and manage human human resources.