Sep 25, 2022
OSRHE Program Code: 775
CIP Code: 309999
Major Code: 1050
The BS in Organizational Leadership is part of the statewide initiative, Reach Higher FlexFinish, one of Oklahoma's degree completion programs. NSU is one of seven regional universities participating in this unique program specifically designed for working adults. Core courses will be taught in an eight-week format online. Information about the Reach Higher FlexFinish program can be found online at www.ReachHigherOklahoma.org or by calling 918.683.0040.
Students must meet the following requirements for admission:
- Be 21 years of age or older.
- Have a minimum of 60 earned credit hours or an Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree from an Oklahoma State Institution or equivalent. A provisional admission status may be used for students who do not yet meet this requirement.
- Have a minimum of 2.0 graduation/ retention GPA in past college work. A provisional admission status may be granted to a student with a minimum 1.70 graduation/retention GPA, provided an institutional review was conducted to determine whether the student could attain the requisite 2.0 graduation/retention GPA at the completion of all required coursework. Admission made under this provision must be reviewed and approved by the chief academic officer and reported to the Reach Higher Manager during the semester of admission. Reporting on the student's progress may be required.
- Have completed general education requirements as defined by the home institution admitting the student. A provisional admission status may be used for students who do not meet this requirement.
- Satisfy all institutional requirements for completion of remedial coursework. A provisional admission status may be granted to a student not meeting this standard; however, all remedial coursework must be completed within the first two semesters of enrollment in the Reach Higher program or within 24 credit hours earned after admission to the Reach Higher program. Admission made under this provision must be reviewed and approved by the chief academic officer and reported to the Reach Higher Manager during the semester of admission. Reporting on the student's progress may be required.
Once a student is approved for admission, the applicant will be notified in writing and assigned an advisor or contact person. The student should then complete an individual degree plan with the advisor at the home institution.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Acquire a general knowledge of eight core content areas.
- Enhance global thinking, critical thinking, communication skills, problem solving, quantitative and analysis skills, and technological innovation skills.
- Develop additional knowledge in an area of institutional focus.
- Gain intellectual knowledge applicable to personal enrichment and/or professional advancement.
- Apply concepts and theories learned in the core content courses and area of focus to a capstone project at the end of the program.
General Education Requirements
A minimum of 46 hours of academic work in general education is required during the freshman and sophomore years. For students transferring with the Associate of Arts degree or Associate of Science degree from a public institution in Oklahoma, all general education requirements will be satisfied with respect to degree requirements. However, some majors may require other specific general education courses as program prerequisites or program requirements. Students should consult advisors and the program's plan of study for further information. Students are required to complete general education requirements by the time they have completed 90 semester hours of college work. See General Education Requirements for more information.
Area of Focus-Supervision and Management 12-15 hours
Additional Degree Information - College of Business and Technology
In addition to general education and program requirements stated above, additional hours may be needed to satisfy all minimum degree requirements listed below.
- English Proficiency: Components I and II of English proficiency should be met with grades of "C" or better prior to the completion of 60 credit hours.
- A minimum of 124 hours is required. PE activity is limited to four hours. Prior learning credit (CLEP, Advanced Standing, Military Credit, etc) is limited to 30 hours.
- A minimum of 30 hours in residence (from NSU) is required for graduation. PE activity is limited to four hours. Hours in residence exclude zero-level courses and prior learning credit such as CLEP, Advanced Placement, Advanced Standing, Military Credit, etc.
- A minimum of 40 hours of 3000/4000 level courses is required for graduation.
- A minimum of 60 hours from a 4-year school is required for graduation excluding zero level and PE activity courses.
- At least fifty percent of the major requirements must be upper division courses (3000 and 4000 level).
- At least 18 hours or fifty percent of the major, whichever is greater, must be satisfactorily completed at NSU.
- The minimum number of credit hours required in the Liberal Arts and Sciences varies based on the type of degree. B.B.A and B.T. degrees require at least 40 hours and the B.S. degree requires at least 55 hours. Liberal Arts and Sciences (LAS) courses are identified in catalog course descriptions.
For more information, see Bachelor's Degree Requirements .