Sep 25, 2022
OSRHE Program Code: 128
CIP Code: 500501
Major Code: 4951
TCC Theatre AA to NSU Drama B.A.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Practically apply a fundamental skill set to all aspects of theatrical production.
- Complete the consecutive process of analyzing a script, scenario or plan and then developing a production concept based on that analysis, and finally implementing and realizing that concept.
- Critically analyze a theatrical production in an objective and constructive manner.
- Discuss theatre in a historical and cultural context with an understanding of how it reflects society and affects a community.
- Create a personal marketing plan according to current educational and/or professional trends.
- Contribute to the university efforts to make place matter through service learning opportunities and community outreach projects/ activities.
General Education Requirements
A minimum of 46 hours of academic work in general education is required during the freshman and sophomore years. For students transferring with the Associate of Arts degree or Associate of Science degree from a public institution in Oklahoma, all general education requirements will be satisfied with respect to degree requirements. However, some majors may require other specific general education courses as program prerequisites or program requirements. Students should consult advisors and the program's plan of study for further information. Students are required to complete general education requirements by the time they have completed 90 semester hours of college work. See General Education Requirements for more information.
Drama General Education Requirements
The following course prerequisite may be completed as part of the General Education requirements.
Required Courses - 39 hours
Guided Electives - 9 hours
Minor - 18 hours
A minor is required for the Drama major.
Additional Degree Information - College of Liberal Arts
In addition to general education and program requirements stated above, additional hours may be needed to satisfy all minimum degree requirements listed below.
- English Proficiency: Components I and II of English proficiency should be met with grades of "C" or better prior to the completion of 60 credit hours.
- A minimum of 124 hours is required. PE activity is limited to four hours. Prior learning credit (CLEP, Advanced Standing, Military Credit, etc) is limited to 30 hours.
- A minimum of 30 hours in residence (from NSU) is required for graduation. PE activity is limited to four hours. Hours in residence exclude zero-level courses and prior learning credit such as CLEP, Advanced Placement, Advanced Standing, Military Credit, etc.
- A minimum of 40 hours of 3000/4000 level courses is required for graduation.
- A minimum of 60 hours from a 4-year school is required for graduation excluding zero level and PE activity courses.
- At least fifty percent of the major requirements must be upper division courses (3000 and 4000 level).
- At least 18 hours or fifty percent of the major, whichever is greater, must be satisfactorily completed at NSU.
- The minimum number of credit hours required in the Liberal Arts and Sciences varies based on the type of degree. B.A., B.A.Ed., B.F.A. and B.M.E. degrees require at least 80 hours. B.S. and B.S.Ed. degrees require at least 55 hours. B.G.S. and B.S.W. degrees require at least 40 hours. Liberal Arts and Sciences (LAS) courses are identified in catalog course descriptions.
For more information, see Bachelor's Degree Requirements .