OSRHE Program Code: 136
CIP Code: 520701
Major Code: 1120
- 1122 - Small Business/Digital
- 1123 - Social Entrepreneurship
Business Administration General Information
The entrepreneurship major exposes students to vital skills needed in owning a small business, expanding the family business, buying a franchise or starting a professional practice for personal profit or to support a non-profit organization. Courses focus on finding unique ways to make a living in rural Oklahoma, including digital and technological entrepreneurship or telecommuting. Students are grounded in relevant theory in addition to applied principles of starting, running and owning your own business.
The following policies of the College of Business and Technology apply to the entrepreneurship major: entrance requirements, minimum grade requirements, experiential credit limitations, transfer credit limitation, English proficiency, upper division credit, liberal arts and sciences, and residency.
Bachelor of Business Administration programs offered through the College of Business and Technology are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (11520 West 119th Street, Overland Park, KS 66213, 913-339-9356). http://www.acbsp.org
Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate an understanding of how to management the daily business functions of a small business including staffing and scheduling, forms of business ownership and capital sources, marketing and digital promotion, pricing and credit, and financial statement analysis for management.
- Identify and analyze opportunities, sourcing, staffing, and resources needed to pursue that opportunity, along with sources of capital.
- Articulate strategies for managing customer demands in service settings.
- Apply small business and/or digital entrepreneurship techniques to a practical business opportunity (Small Business / Digital option)
- Articulate strategies for managing customer demands in service or non-profit settings. (Social Entrepreneurship option)