OSRHE Program Code: 179
CIP Code: 520903
Certificate Code: 1955
This certificate is embedded in the Hospitality and Tourism Management, B.B.A. program.
The certificate in Event Management is designed to teach students all aspects of event and meeting management. Students who earnthe certificate in Event Management will have knowledge of and/or practical exposure to current and best practices in the design, planning, and execution of successful events and meetings. Students will study scenarios and complete activities involving seminars, conventions, conferences, expositions, trade shows and special events and learn how to conduct effective event and meeting management research, including needs assessments, site analyses, situation analyses and feasibility studies. The knowledge and education gained from the Event Management certificate program can help prepare students for industry certifications, like the MPI and ILEA certification exams.
At least 25 percent of the coursework applied to this embedded certificate must be satisfactorily completed at NSU.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Develop appropriate venue selection for events.
- Develop appropriate programing for events.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding for the RFP process for vendors and suppliers.
- Generate a positioning map for competitive strategies.
- Manage customer demand in the service setting.