OSRHE Program Code: 171
CIP Code: 513203
Certificate Code: 7890
Master of Science in Nursing Embedded Certificate
The primary goal of the Administrative Leadership in Nursing Certificate is to broaden and deepen nurses’ understanding of content and strategies for successful leadership in health care facilities and institutions. Among the topics covered are professional leadership development, organizational and systems management, healthcare finance and economics, and human resource management.
Recommended steps for completing the Administrative Leadership in Nursing Certificate:
- Evidence of current unencumbered licensure as a registered nurse
- A bachelor’s degree
Certificate program must be completed within a timeframe of two (2) years.
At least 25 percent of the coursework applied to this embedded certificate must be satisfactorily completed at NSU.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Create collaborative partnerships with health care colleagues in the role of a nurse administrator.
- Demonstrate communication skills and relationship building competencies to support organizational goals.
- Use an interdisciplinary approach to execute nursing administration practice.
- Integrate research and best evidence to provide quality nursing care and promote improvement in healthcare.
- Utilize systems thinking to lead and manage complex healthcare organizations.
- Provide leadership in the professional design of nursing care grounded in ethical, multicultural, and professional standards and healthcare policy.
- Demonstrate leadership in the professional community.
- Utilize financial, material, human, and environmental resources to benefit nursing divisions in complex healthcare organizations.
- Utilize information management systems to facilitate organizational decision making.
- Demonstrate competency of specialized knowledge, skills, and attitudes in administrative leadership.
- Demonstrate responsibility and accountability for professional nursing practice and lifelong learning.