OSRHE Program Code: 169
CIP Code: 513813
Certificate Code: 7891
Master of Science in Nursing Embedded Certificate
The Nursing Education certificate program is designed for people interested in Nursing Education including nurses working in the clinical area who are in staff development or patient education or who wish to transition or enter into an academic setting. The certificate program can be completed online in less than 2 semesters. Among the topics covered are curricular design, instructional and teaching modalities, assessment and evaluation, and nurse educator role development.
Recommended steps for completing the Nursing Education Certificate:
- Evidence of current unencumbered licensure as a registered nurse
- A bachelor’s degree
Certificate program must be completed within a timeframe of two (2) years.
At least 25 percent of the coursework applied to this embedded certificate must be satisfactorily completed at NSU.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Create collaborative partnerships with health care colleagues in the role of a nurse educator.
- Utilize research to analyze the outcomes of nursing interventions and improve nursing practice and nursing pedagogy.
- Apply leadership strategies to contribute to the ongoing development of the profession of nursing and nursing education.
- Utilize theories of change to advance the profession of nursing.
- Apply strategies that recognize multicultural factors in teaching and learning.
- Analyze ethical theories and ethical decision-making in the educational setting.
- Analyze trends in healthcare and nursing education and their impact on the profession of nursing, nursing education, and the delivery of patient care.
- Integrate technology into curriculum.
- Apply theories of education and related sciences to the development and evaluation of nursing and healthcare curricula
- Facilitate learning of individuals and groups using theories of education, nursing, testing and evaluation.
- Design curriculum based on sound educational principles, theory, and research.
- Demonstrate responsibility and accountability for professional nursing practice and lifelong learning.