Dec 03, 2023
OSRHE Program Code: 145
CIP Code: 520203
Major Code: 8600
The Supply Chain Management major exposes students to vital skills needed in meeting the challenges of domestic and international logistics, procurement, transportation, distribution, and inventory movement and storage. Courses focus on the ability to identify methods of supply chain optimizing and the development of new opportunities for creating value in the movements of goods, services, information, and financial resources. Students are grounded in relevant theory in addition to applied principles of Supply Chain Management.
The following policies of the College of Business and Technology apply to the Supply Chain Management Major: Entrance Requirements, Minimum Grade Requirements, Experiential Credit Limitation, Transfer Credit Limitation, English Proficiency, Upper Division Credit, Liberal Arts and Sciences and Residency.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate an understanding of the major concepts in supply chain management.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply inventory management techniques.
- Demonstrate an understanding of marketing and logistics.
- Score at the 50th percentile or higher on the Operations Management section of the business policy simulation.
Business General Education Requirements
A minimum of 46 hours of academic work in general education is required during the freshman and sophomore years. For students transferring with the Associate of Arts degree or Associate of Science degree from a public institution in Oklahoma, all general education requirements will be satisfied with respect to degree requirements. However, some majors may require other specific general education courses as program prerequisites or program requirements. Students should consult advisors and the program’s plan of study for further information. Students are required to complete general education requirements by the time they have completed 90 semester hours of college work. General Education Requirements
Students seeking Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degrees are encouraged to select these courses while completing General Education requirements.
Business Core - 30 hours
The following core of courses is required of all business students.
Supply Chain Management Core - 18 hours
Supply Chain Electives - 15 hours
Complete 15 hours from the following:
Total Business Core & Major - 63 hours
Additional Degree Information - College of Business and Technology
In addition to general education and program requirements stated above, additional hours may be needed to satisfy all minimum degree requirements listed below.
- English Proficiency: Components I and II of English proficiency should be met with grades of “C” or better prior to the completion of 60 credit hours.
- A minimum of 124 hours is required. PE activity is limited to four hours. Prior learning credit (CLEP, Advanced Standing, Military Credit, etc) is limited to 30 hours.
- A minimum of 30 hours in residence (from NSU) is required for graduation. PE activity is limited to four hours. Hours in residence exclude zero-level courses and prior learning credit such as CLEP, Advanced Placement, Advanced Standing, Military Credit, etc.
- A minimum of 40 hours of 3000/4000 level courses is required for graduation.
- A minimum of 60 hours from a 4-year school is required for graduation excluding zero level and PE activity courses.
- At least fifty percent of the major requirements must be upper division courses (3000 and 4000 level).
- At least 18 hours or fifty percent of the major, whichever is greater, must be satisfactorily completed at NSU.
- The minimum number of credit hours required in the Liberal Arts and Sciences varies based on the type of degree. B.B.A and B.T. degrees require at least 40 hours and the B.S. degree requires at least 55 hours. Liberal Arts and Sciences (LAS) courses are identified in catalog course descriptions.
For more information, see Bachelor’s Degree Requirements .